Are there people on other planets?
The short answer is no, but let me explain.
Mat 24:29 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mar 13:25 and the stars of Heaven shall fall, and the powers in the heavens shall be shaken.
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars. And on the earth will be anxiety of nations with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 men fainting from fear, and expecting those things which have come on the earth. For the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, have laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands.
2Pe 3:7 But the present heavens and the earth being kept in store by the same Word, are being kept for fire until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up.
Clearly, the above verses show that the heavens and their changes are tied to the happenings of our earth (singular) and our peoples, not someone on another planet.
Rom 6:10 For in that He died, He died to sin once; but in that He lives, He lives to God.
Heb 7:22 by so much was Jesus made a surety of a better covenant
Heb 7:27 who does not need, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice daily, first for his own sins and then for the people’s sins. For He did this once for all, when He offered up Himself.
Heb 9:12 nor by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered once for all into the Holies, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:26 (for then He must have suffered often since the foundation of the world), but now once in the end of the world He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself
Heb 9:28 so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many. And to those who look for Him He shall appear the second time without sin to salvation.
Heb 10:10 By this will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit;
The above verses also show that Christ died once for our sins to create a path for our atonement that we might be with God. It is inconceivable that God would suffer in this way at any other time for any other people on a different planet. Therefore, unless another people were perfect, not needing atonement, there would be no possibility that they could be saved. If they were perfect, without sin, they would not be like any creature that I would know to call a person. They would also be without the free will that God bestowed upon us, for it is man’s nature to do evil and need redemption.
Neh 1:9 but if you turn to Me, and keep My commandments and do them, though you were cast out to the outermost part of the heavens, yet I will gather you from there and will bring you to the place that I have chosen to set My name there.
God chose this earth to be the special place where His name will be honored.
Neh 9:6 You, even You, are Jehovah alone. You have made the heavens, heaven of the heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things on it, the seas, and all in them, and You preserve them all. And the host of the heavens worships You.
Psa 19:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.
The heavens declare God’s glory to us and to the angels.
Psa 33:6 By the Word of Jehovah were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
Gen 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul
All the host of heaven describes mankind on earth.
Psa 69:34 Let the heavens and earth praise Him, the seas, and everything that moves in them.
Psa 97:6 The heavens declare His righteousness, and all the people see His glory.
Psa 102:25 Of old You have laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Psa 115:16 The heavens, even the heavens, are Jehovah’s; but the earth He has given to the sons of men.
There is only one earth given to us to inhabit and maintain. The earth has the only foundation laid in heaven. It is the showcase of God’s creations.
Can you imagine how special God considers mankind that He would create all on earth and the heavens for us to admire and praise Him for. Thus, we have God’s account of how He created one place in the universe where man exists. We need not stop there, however, because science also give us clues as to how special life on earth is:
1. Our sun was placed at just the right distance away from earth that it might give sufficient warmth, but not too much, for life to exist and plants with crops to grow and sustain us.
2. The ozone layer about the earth gives protection against the sun’s ultra violet radiation and allows a shield to hold in our atmosphere. The clouds provide shade to regulate our temperature so we do not burn up.
3. The moon was created large enough and close enough that it’s gravity prevents earth’s wobbling out of control. Thus, we have constant seasons and a stable position.
4. The magnetic field about the earth protects us from deadly space radiation and solar storms. Due to the magnetic field of earth we gain a means of guidance by compasses. Gravity also keeps us from being thrown into space by the centrifugal force of our spinning earth.
5. Earth has not collided with other planets and asteroids large enough to destroy us. The very small asteroids and space debris that do come at earth are burned up streaking through our atmosphere. When one asteroid did hit the earth, it was just large enough that the resultant concussion and cloud shade killed off the dinosaurs alive at that time. Their extinction made it possible that mankind could thrive in their place.
6. Oxygen and water was provided to make the existence of life possible. The carbon dioxide that we and animals exhale is in turn used by plants and trees. Isn’t that handy?
7. The black holes of space have been avoided. If the earth ever is drawn into a black hole, it will be crushed and compacted killing all life.
Ref.: Secrets of the earth, The birth and death of the planet, 2014
All these things make earth a very special place that God created just for mankind. Perhaps, at some time you might have thought that He did not care! He cares more than the pain, death and humiliation that He endured for us. He desires to draw us closer to Him that we might learn, appreciate and praise Him as our creator, then live with him forever